Privacy notice - Source Productions Limited
• Source Productions Limited respects your privacy and is committed to safeguarding the personal data of our website visitors and service users.
• This privacy notice aims to inform you how Source Productions Limited collects and processes your personal data.
• Personal data is any personally identifiable information such as your email address, name, home or work address, telephone number, location data or online identifier, which can directly or indirectly identify you.
2. Important information and who we are
• Source Productions Limited is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data. For the purposes of this privacy notice “we”, “our” or “us” refer to Source Productions Limited.
• Source Productions Limited is a promotional merchandise and print management company registered in England No. 6969542.
• Our registered office and contact details are: Loughton Seedbed Centre, Langston Road, Essex IG10 3TQ Tel: 020 8559 1315 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Our contact responsible for data protection is Amanda Mitchell Email email@example.com Telephone: 020 8559 1315.
3. Personal data we might collect and how and why we use it
• When you interact with us, we may collect your personal data. For example, when you visit our website, make an online, phone or email enquiry or place an order with us. We treat your data with the utmost care and take appropriate steps to protect it.
• We may process your data when you visit our website. Data may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, length and frequency of visits and website navigation for the purposes of analysing our website and better understanding your needs. The legal basis for this processing is legitimate interests namely to keep our website updated and relevant and develop our business strategy.
• We may process your data when you make an enquiry about our goods and services either though an online form or by phone or email. Data may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, telephone number and address for the purposes of responding to your enquiry. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the day to day running of our business and responding appropriately to your enquiry.
• We may process your data when you state an interest in receiving marketing information on relevant products and special offers. Data may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, address and telephone number for the purposes of sending you relevant information. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
• We may process your data when you place an order with us including order processing, delivery of goods and services requested, feedback on service and recovering money owed to us. Data may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, telephone number and address. The legal basis for this processing is performance of a contract to which you are party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract
• We may process your personal data where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
• We may also process your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
• Our website and our business are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect any data relating to children.
• We do not collect any special categories of personal data.
4. Sharing your data with third parties
• Some services and goods that we provide require the involvement of third parties for the purposes of fulfilling orders. Such recipients will only have access to your personal information as required by them to perform their functions and are not permitted to use such personal information for any other purposes.
• Your data may be shared with third parties such as suppliers, agents and couriers for the sole purposes of completing and delivering orders. Data collected can include, but is not limited to, contact name, email, telephone number and address. Any third parties are obliged to keep your data securely and when they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures
• Please do not supply personal data to us for another person unless prompted by us or it is for the sole purposes of fulfilling an order, such as delivering goods on behalf of your client. If you supply another person’s information to us, it is your responsibility to ensure all permissions are sought before passing on this data and that the other person is aware that their data may be used by third parties to fulfil the order processing and delivery.
• We will NOT pass on personal data to third parties other than those involved in the order processing and delivery without first obtaining your consent.
• We may also provide your information to government or law enforcement authorities if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under a legal obligation to do so and where necessary for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud, other criminal offences and/or to ensure network and information security.
• We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
• We may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
5. International transfers of your personal data
• Our website and email hosting servers are based in the UK, our suppliers are generally based in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA) and our office is based in the UK. However, on rare occasions we may need to share your personal data with third parties and suppliers outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for the sole purposes of fulfilling an order.
• We shall only transfer your data outside European Economic Area (EEA) to countries which the European Commission believes offers an adequate level of protection to you, or where we have put in place appropriate safeguards to seek to preserve the privacy of your information.
6. Retaining and deleting personal data
• We retain personal data for the length of time required for the specific purpose or purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. For example, by law we must keep basic information about our customers for six years for tax purposes
• At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
• On occasion we may be obliged to store some data for a longer time, for example, where a longer time period is required by applicable laws. In this case, we will ensure that your data will continue to be treated in accordance with this privacy notice.
7. Data security
• We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access, loss or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
• We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
• We endeavour to hold all personal information securely in accordance with our security procedures and English law. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure and do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and this information is transmitted at your own risk.
8. Your rights relating to your personal data
We have summarised your principal rights under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all the details have been included below. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
• The right to access - you have the right to request access to your personal information and to certain information about how it is processed. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data if this is requested.
• The right to rectification - If you can demonstrate that the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can ask for this information to be updated or corrected.
• The right to erasure - In some circumstances you have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are certain general exclusions of the right to erasure. Those general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
• The right to restrict processing - In some circumstances you have the right to block or suppress further use of your information. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
• The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
• The right to data portability – In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the data to perform a contract with you.
• The right to withdraw consent -To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
• You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ on any email communications, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Source Productions, Loughton Seedbed Centre, Langston Road, Essex IG10 3TQ. We must always comply with your request.
9. How to exercise your rights
• You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data in writing to us at our registered office address- Source Productions Ltd, Loughton Seedbed Centre, Langston Road, Essex IG10 3TQ – or by email: email@example.com
• Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from the time we receive your request, but if the request would take longer than that to deal with, we will let you know.
• We may be entitled to refused to act on the request. In these cases, we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
• We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity to ensure personal data is not disclosed the any person who does not have the right to access.
10. Making a complaint
• If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly please make an initial complaint to Amanda Mitchell by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8559 1315
• If you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113. Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (please note we cannot be responsible for the content of external websites).
11. Links to other websites
• Our website may contain links or details to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy notice. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
12. About cookies
• A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
• Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
• Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
13. Cookies we may use
14. Changes to this policy
• We may also notify you of any amendments by email.
15. Any questions?
• We hope this privacy notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it. If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us Source Productions Ltd, Loughton Seedbed Centre, Langston Road, Essex IG10 3TQ by email info@ source-productions.com or by phone 020 85591315